Entrance Hall and Inner Hall

Today visitors enter through Wyatt’s 1830s front door and steps into an entrance hall that was created by sweeping away a series of smaller rooms. The display of busts on granite plinths dates from the 1850s and was introduced by the 2nd Duke of Wellington. By the late 19th century a black and white mosaic floor had been laid and the cast iron radiator covers installed. The mahogany doors are part of the 1830 Wyatt scheme.