Portico Room

The Portico Room is so called as it looks out onto the portico that was added to the house in the 1820s by Benjamin Dean Wyatt, Wellington’s architect. Before 1828 this room would have formed the west side of the original Robert Adam house with windows overlooking Hyde Park. This was changed when the Waterloo Gallery was built in 1828 and a new grand entrance was made into the gallery.